At the age of eighteen


Assalamualaikum and hi!

May Allah showers His blessings upon us.

Last time I posted an entry on my birthday was 3 years back. I officially turned 18 past one month and half before. It feels like time goes by just in a blink of eye. Throughout these years of living, all I need to say is Alhamdulillah for every single thing. He suffices me in every possible ways and there's nothing much more I could ever ask for. Alhamdulillah. 

I can't really remember moments I had during my childhood. Sometimes, it pops out randomly with the help of photos, videos and stories from mom, dad and grandparents. Oh ya, friends too. 

Each and everyone of us is growing up and definitely we change by time.


I miss those days when I couldn't find any else interesting as much as Barbie, Hi5, Teletubbies, Barney and Madeline. And also by the time I was trying so hard to balance myself on a four-wheel bicycle. Who would've ever thought now I can drive a car? 

I was brought in a family of teachers. Both of my parents are teachers, so do my grandparents. I wanted to be a teacher since at a very young age, not only to continue the legacy, but it simply because I love living in this profession. In progress, In Sha Allah.

I used to act as if I am a teacher. I took my colouring books and marked the drawings with a red pen. Sometimes, I scribbled the white wall of my house. Trust me, A4s weren't enough and I needed more space for my masterpiece hee! 

Alaa, macam hampa tak biasa kan? Kecik kecik dulu, dinding rumah tu buat macam harta sendiri. Conteng sana sini buat peta Malaysia, sebijik macam peta ayaq liuq atas bantal kan? kan kan kan? 

After all, there were times when I . . .

  • could hardly write an alphabet but now I can narrate scripts of essays.
  • put on mom's heels because I want to instantly grow taller.
  • was pinched because I messed up the sofa with powder.
  • couldn't help my mom to cook in the kitchen because she afraid that I might slip on the floor.
  • wished to quickly be an adult because I can buy anything I want without asking anyone for money.

And there's so much to list.

You know, everytime I look at myself in the mirror, a deep voice of my heart whispers,

"I wonder what had the reflection brought to her life and people around?"

At the age of eighteen, I'm a year nearer to death. I realise how far has everything goes, from nothing to something, from losing to gaining and still continuing. I don't know when will I leave this world. Not even a single soul knows. It could be at any age, 19, 25, 30, 101 or maybe NOW? Life is too short and dunya is just a stage full of deception. I'm on my way returning to Him. May the journey back to an everlasting place be the best place to rest. For you, me and us all, Ameen. 

Anyway, thank you so much for the wishes and prayers from you guys. Thank you for the warm birthday notes, tweets, emails, pictures, videos. Thank you for making my 18th a remarkable one. Spreading love for you.

Jazakallahu khairan kathira wa ahsanul jaza'




No comments :